Treehome Consulting - designing sustainable landscapes
Treehome Consulting assists landholders to plan, prepare and plant revegetation sites to achieve the maximum gains to their property and the local environment.
Site planning considers the following features:
- Soil condition, soil moisture and soil capability.
- Aspect, slope, drainage and geology.
- Identification and management of problem weeds and pest animals.
- Identification of remnant vegetation including grassland, woodland and forest species.
- Site preparation.
- Selecting plant species.
- Planting layout.
The consultation process:
1. A site visit - 2 to 4 hours.
We look at the revegetation site, what you would like to achieve and what resources you have at your disposal. We then make recommendations about site preparation, suitable plants species and the most economic establishment methods to create a sustainable plant community.
2. A report in brief < 4 hours preparation
A typed summary of the above recommendations including on site observations.
Propagation of plants for the revegetation site. For indigenous plantings, seed needs to be collected locally or sourced from a local seed bank. (We can talk you through collecting, drying and storing your own seed)
Consulting will save you time & money - rates on application
Note : A complementary copy of ‘Recreating the Country’ - A blueprint for the design of sustainable landscapes (RRP - $20.00) is provided with each consultation.